Below please find the link to the YouTube broadcast of Orend’s talk, “Justice After War,” to the McCain conference at the US Naval Academy (Annapolis, Maryland) in April 2011:
An active public speaker, Orend has delivered presentations at such other institutions as:
- The United States Military Academy (West Point, USA)
- L’Ecole des Hautes-Etudes (Paris, France)
- The United States Naval War College (Rhode Island, USA)
- Institute of Advanced Study (Princeton, USA)
- L’Ecole Normale Superieur (Lyon, France)
- The United States Air Force Academy (Colorado Springs, USA)
- American Society of International Law (Washington, DC, USA)
- Royal Military College (Kingston, Canada)
- Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs (New York, USA)
- Fort Leavenworth (Kansas, USA) and
- Oklahoma State University, where he was the “Philosopher-in-Residence” in 2005.
Orend has also presented at the following law schools: Alberta (Canada); Athens (Greece); NYU (USA); Vanderbilt (USA); and York University/Osgoode Hall (Canada).
And at the following universities, among others: Boston (USA); Chapman (USA); Crete (Greece); DePaul (USA); Georgetown (USA); Guelph (Canada); Hertfordshire (UK); Jena (Germany); Kentucky (USA); Leiden (Holland); Montreal (Canada); Oakland (USA); Rochester Institute of Technology (USA); San Diego (USA); Simon Fraser (Canada); Texas A&M (USA); and Wales at Swansea (UK).
Orend has a free 40-minute interview about the ethics of war and peace available on iTunes via the “Smart People Podcast.”